Monday, March 19, 2007

hmm, awkward silence

so... its been a while

I hate this moment - its like running into someone you went to school with, and you have to decide whether to acknowledge them or not. There is a point of no return - once you've not said anything, that person will forever be someone you avoid eye contact with. Or you can choose to take the risk and say hi, possibly even attempting to remember their name at the risk of getting it wrong and try and talk about old-times and who you're still in touch with.

I could act like nothing happened, or I could try and explain myself away. I feel neither would quite be enough, or really needed. I can't be bothered stuffing around with that kind of thing. But the first conversation needs to start somewhere, and I'm normally good at filling in awkward silences...

No comments: